Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quick video export of a cut

Hi Everyone,

My problem is pretty simple; I have to go through days worth of footage and find specific things I need to export to separate files.

Is there a way to cut something out in the timeline and quickly export it to a separate video file?

I know there's always an option to cut it, make a new project, export it, but that will take me weeks to do it like that I am searching for something super quick as possible.

I am open to any solutions at this point.

Thanks!

Posted on May 29, 2021 12:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2021 1:21 AM

Create a Range and go straight to Share. The Share will only export the range selection.

Selecting Ranges:

Hold down the R key and draw your selection. [If you "type" the R key, it will change the storyline "tool" - to change back to the selection (arrow) tool, type A].

Select a clip - type X then drag the sides out to extend the range.

Clicking the mouse outside the range selection will cancel it.

Using Range to export a selection, you don't have to cut or move anything.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2021 1:21 AM in response to Michael.Af

Create a Range and go straight to Share. The Share will only export the range selection.

Selecting Ranges:

Hold down the R key and draw your selection. [If you "type" the R key, it will change the storyline "tool" - to change back to the selection (arrow) tool, type A].

Select a clip - type X then drag the sides out to extend the range.

Clicking the mouse outside the range selection will cancel it.

Using Range to export a selection, you don't have to cut or move anything.

Quick video export of a cut

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.