Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Separating one iMovie project into two

i fully edited a 20 min video using imovie. how do i split this into two separate videos? like each video as its own separate project that i can then continue to edit separately (to fix the intro and ending for each)? And then each video gets saved as separate final video. Can I copy paste from one project board to a new one? Or it works in a different way?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 7:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 9:34 PM

Yes, you can copy and paste from one project to another. Select as a batch in the timeline all the clips that you want to copy over to the new project.. Then do an Edit/Copy. Open the new project and do an Edit/Paste. Your edits will carry over.

Another way, that sometimes is easier, is to make a duplicate of the project and then delete out from the duplicate the parts that you don't want.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2022 9:34 PM in response to Goldentreehouse

Yes, you can copy and paste from one project to another. Select as a batch in the timeline all the clips that you want to copy over to the new project.. Then do an Edit/Copy. Open the new project and do an Edit/Paste. Your edits will carry over.

Another way, that sometimes is easier, is to make a duplicate of the project and then delete out from the duplicate the parts that you don't want.

-- Rich

Separating one iMovie project into two

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.