Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I combine two AppleIDs?

A couple years ago when I upgraded my phone, the tech couldn’t transfer my AppleID so he asked me for an alternate email. So now I have two AppleIDs. I recently subscribed to Apple family sharing but it’s mixed up. I can see all my apps on my phone but some are attached to main (old) ID and others are attached to the new ID. When I go into “All purchases” in the App Store, it tells me the iTunes account is set up to use family sharing on a different iCloud account than my main AppleID. But, my family sharing is on my main ID. I’m so confused!

iPhone 11

Posted on May 29, 2021 3:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2021 4:26 AM

Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to combine Apple IDs.

Your best bet will likely be setting up Family Sharing again. It is difficult to diagnose the issues you are facing without a bit more detail, but I'll leave Apple's relevant Support article below in case it is helpful.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Your alternative, in this case, would be to choose an Apple ID to use as your "main" one on a consistent basis from now on. You can use the old Apple ID to access previous purchases, with the caveat that you will occasionally be asked to enter your password (for things like app updates, software updates, et cetera).

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2021 4:26 AM in response to Theegerrydenise

Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to combine Apple IDs.

Your best bet will likely be setting up Family Sharing again. It is difficult to diagnose the issues you are facing without a bit more detail, but I'll leave Apple's relevant Support article below in case it is helpful.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Your alternative, in this case, would be to choose an Apple ID to use as your "main" one on a consistent basis from now on. You can use the old Apple ID to access previous purchases, with the caveat that you will occasionally be asked to enter your password (for things like app updates, software updates, et cetera).

How can I combine two AppleIDs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.