Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple IDs

I have two apple IDs The first one I use for App Store, iTunes and all the subscriptions. the 2nd I use for apple mail and iCloud storage When I got my first iPad I was assigned an "iCloud.com" ID and started to use that id for iCloud storage and my main APPLE email address. I use this one (2nd) to pay for iCloud storage. Everything else is paid for with the original ID. As I got new iPhones and new Macs I used the 2nd id to sign in.

This has worked pretty well until I attempted to start Family sharing. When I go to family sharing in my iPhone I am logged in with my 2nd ID, but the stuff I want to share belongs to my original Id

I can't figure out to start sharing my original ID stuff

I would like to magically merge the 2 ids

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 3:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 6:19 PM

See if anything here helps.

Family Sharing - Set up.       

Family Sharing.         

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 20, 2020 10:16 AM in response to donv_the_ghost

Thanks I think I can work with that. I have 1 iMac, 2 iPhones, 2 iPads to change my iCloud storage - I have to bump up the space for the new iCloud - in the end, the id will only be used for only an occasional email account - also I will have to immediately back up to the new iCloud account for all devices - the original iCloud account will be used for all devices

Ken

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Multiple IDs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.