Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast not downloading automatically

Some of my podcast episodes have stopped downloading automatically after the most recent Podcast app update (May 2021). Podcast version1.1.0 (1563.1.7).

I un-subscribed and re-subscribed to the problem podcast(s), but no luck. Podcasts will not download automatically. Some podcasts do download automatically but not all.

Posted on May 29, 2021 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2021 2:41 PM

When the iOS 14.5 Podcasts app upgrade was released it took me over three hours to reset the settings for the 109 Shows I Follow and assign across seven Stations. They work fine now.

Note the Podcasts app settings at iPhone Settings>Podcasts (left frame), the Station settings (middle) and the Show settings (right) in the image below. Check the blue arrows which cause Shows to be updated automatically and permit you to limit new episodes. Also note the blue circles that hide played episodes and remove played downloads.

I don’t know how many Shows you follow. However some other people have had luck by creating one or more Stations and then assigning Shows to them. Automatic episode updates then recommenced as planned.

The screenshot is of my Library page with the number of new episodes in each of the seven Stations.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2021 2:41 PM in response to omegamanp

When the iOS 14.5 Podcasts app upgrade was released it took me over three hours to reset the settings for the 109 Shows I Follow and assign across seven Stations. They work fine now.

Note the Podcasts app settings at iPhone Settings>Podcasts (left frame), the Station settings (middle) and the Show settings (right) in the image below. Check the blue arrows which cause Shows to be updated automatically and permit you to limit new episodes. Also note the blue circles that hide played episodes and remove played downloads.

I don’t know how many Shows you follow. However some other people have had luck by creating one or more Stations and then assigning Shows to them. Automatic episode updates then recommenced as planned.

The screenshot is of my Library page with the number of new episodes in each of the seven Stations.

Podcast not downloading automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.