Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to reset the mbp firmware password?

hi, i have my mbp mid 2012 model purchase quite many years back. i am now required to key in firmware password, which i had forgotten. i sent to apple service centre, which informed that in order to get the password reset, i need to have the purchased receipt for ref only than can the password be reset. but unfortunately i have lost the receipt as this is quite many years back. any idea how to get this resolved?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 29, 2021 9:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2021 3:53 PM

Set a firmware password on your Mac - Apple Support Scroll down to If You forgot Firmware Password section.

It would defeat the purpose of a firmware password if you could just ask Apple to bypass it without proof of ownership.

3 replies

May 29, 2021 3:48 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Thank you for your email. While I do agree the purpose of this policy and I do appreciate it as such as well as an Apple user in overall, I am now facing an access issue. Any other way Apple could validate - be it a host name, account no, Apple ID, etc etc

I needed help urgently as I do have proposal submission next week. Hope Apple or any one here could help me

how to reset the mbp firmware password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.