Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I remove this site from appearing on search suggestion?

Whenever I type 'g' in order to open 'gmail', the Safari address bar autofills it with 'gmayor.com'. I've to type 'gmail' in its entirety to get rid of this annoying and totally unwanted 'gmayor'. I tried to put this site (gmayor.com) in restricted mode on Screen Time at System Preferences. It did not work. I then cleared all history on the browser. It didn't work. 'Gmayor.com' keeps appearing every time I type 'g' or 'gm' or 'gma'. Please suggest how to get rid of this pesky 'gmayor' to appear on the address bar.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 29, 2021 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2021 1:57 PM

It’s probably what is called an auto-complete suggestion. The blue-text link in my reply above describes how to remove those. Tap or click on the blue-text URL and read how to remove the suggestion.

But it’s easier to add gmail as a favorite though, then tap on it. That avoids typing in anything; ‘gm” or otherwise. That avoids this and other problems with the approach that you’re using here.

Or add your gmail account to Apple Mail and use Apple Mail, and avoid using the browser entirely.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2021 1:57 PM in response to iph11

It’s probably what is called an auto-complete suggestion. The blue-text link in my reply above describes how to remove those. Tap or click on the blue-text URL and read how to remove the suggestion.

But it’s easier to add gmail as a favorite though, then tap on it. That avoids typing in anything; ‘gm” or otherwise. That avoids this and other problems with the approach that you’re using here.

Or add your gmail account to Apple Mail and use Apple Mail, and avoid using the browser entirely.

How can I remove this site from appearing on search suggestion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.