Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a second hand iPad I do not have the Apple ID and the password to it and I’m not able to contact the person who had the iPad before me is there any way I can get rid off the Apple ID that was used to set up the iPad

I have a second hand iPad and it needs to be set up again I do not have the old owners Apple ID and the password to it and I’m not able to contact the person who had the iPad before me is there any way I can get rid off the Apple ID that was used before me for set up.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on May 29, 2021 4:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2021 5:24 PM

If you can't reach the previous owner whose ID is on the device and have them remove the device from their account, the device is worthless. Apple won't unlock it for you.

Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support.      

1 reply

I have a second hand iPad I do not have the Apple ID and the password to it and I’m not able to contact the person who had the iPad before me is there any way I can get rid off the Apple ID that was used to set up the iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.