Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

liquid damage in your charging port

i got water in my charging port, it has been well over 4 hours, yet when I plug my iPhone XR into a charger, it still says that I have liquid in it. I have shaken my phone to try and get water out of it, and I also put it in rice for a short amount of time. What can I do?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on May 29, 2021 6:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2021 6:31 PM

If you charge your iPhone while the Lightning port is wet, the pins on the Lightning port or the cable can corrode and cause permanent damage or stop functioning, causing connectivity issues for your iPhone or accessory. read this article it will help you

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210424

2 replies

May 29, 2021 8:16 PM in response to yoyitodj18

If water got inside the phone it is more than likely destroyed and water damage cannot be fixed. Schedule an appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar for evaluation and options, which will likely be you being offered the opportunity to buy an Out of Warranty replacement or if it was me a new phone as iPhone 7 is getting fairly old at this point.

liquid damage in your charging port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.