Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Iphone charging problem

This morning I got a warning that there’s liquid in the charging port and I left the phone under charge for about 9 hours, It didn’t charge because the software prevented it from doing so, but now when I plug in the charger it starts charging after some time, I can plug it in for 10 seconds it won’t do anything and then starts charging normally. I dried the port, I don’t know if I should leave it dry itself for a day or else. The phone wasn’t submerged in water it was only under 2 pieced of clothing which I got a bit wet I wasn’t showering nor running thru rain so I don’t know. This phone is 1 month old and I haven’t had any problem with an android phone which I had many android phones before..

EDIT: now it starts charging instantlly, sometimed after some time..

Windows

Posted on Aug 25, 2023 3:39 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 26, 2023 2:39 AM in response to ProustGiulio

I didn’t really put it in the jar filled with the silica gel, but I did have one, so I put my phone on top of it with charging hole facing downwards. I let it rest in the corner of my room on the table where it was drying itself for 24h, now when I have plugged the phone on the charge it connected to the charging cable 4 times in a row instantly.

Thank you so much for your help!

Iphone charging problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.