Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID security exploit.

My brother uses my iPhone as much as I do, Only my face is registered, but then also his face can unlock the phone.

When I delete face data and reset it, for a couple or more days, his face cannot unlock it but then again starts recognising his face. This does not happen in any other Android phone because he does not look like me.

I am okay with it, but this is not correct. Something is wrong with Face ID.

iPhone 11

Posted on May 29, 2021 10:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 5:15 AM

This is expected.

To quote Apple, emboldening mine:

The probability that a random person in the population could look at your iPhone or iPad Pro and unlock it using Face ID is approximately 1 in 1,000,000 with a single enrolled appearance. As an additional protection, Face ID allows only five unsuccessful match attempts before a passcode is required. The statistical probability is different for twins and siblings that look like you and among children under the age of 13, because their distinct facial features may not have fully developed. If you're concerned about this, we recommend using a passcode to authenticate.

About Face ID advanced technology - Apple Support

As stated, if you are concerned about security, you can shut off FaceID and use a passcode instead.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2021 5:15 AM in response to khushboo290

This is expected.

To quote Apple, emboldening mine:

The probability that a random person in the population could look at your iPhone or iPad Pro and unlock it using Face ID is approximately 1 in 1,000,000 with a single enrolled appearance. As an additional protection, Face ID allows only five unsuccessful match attempts before a passcode is required. The statistical probability is different for twins and siblings that look like you and among children under the age of 13, because their distinct facial features may not have fully developed. If you're concerned about this, we recommend using a passcode to authenticate.

About Face ID advanced technology - Apple Support

As stated, if you are concerned about security, you can shut off FaceID and use a passcode instead.

Face ID security exploit.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.