Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Disable Pop up: 'This version of macOS no longer receives updates to Safari Technology Preview 125'

Hi, i have a Mac Pro 5.1 with Catalina and i can't update the OS to Big Sur, with Safari Technology Preview 125 everytime i start the Application i received a Message with 'This version of macOS no longer receives updates to Safari Technology Preview.

Anybody knows how i could disable that popup?, maybe with Terminal?. Thank you.

Posted on May 29, 2021 10:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2021 11:17 PM

c.gutierrez Said:

"How to Disable Pop up: 'This version of macOS no longer receives updates to Safari Technology Preview 125': Hi, i have a Mac Pro 5.1 with Catalina and i can't update the OS to Big Sur, with Safari Technology Preview 125 everytime i start the Application i received a Message with 'This version of macOS no longer receives updates to Safari Technology Preview. Anybody knows how i could disable that popup?, maybe with Terminal?. Thank you."

-------

Some Thoughts:

A. Contact the Developer:

Ask the developer if they have some input on this. It seems to get this to go away, you need to upgrade to Big Sur.

B. About WebKit:

Note that there are lots of reports of annoyances of WebKit on these forums. So, consider not using it, as it just gets in the way. This is a pure example of how and why.

C. Why Can't you Not Upgrade?

Why can you not upgrade to Big Sur? Are you not permitted for some reason? Or is is just not working? Important: If you were to upgrade to Big Sur, then make a backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the upgrade.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2021 11:17 PM in response to c.gutierrez

c.gutierrez Said:

"How to Disable Pop up: 'This version of macOS no longer receives updates to Safari Technology Preview 125': Hi, i have a Mac Pro 5.1 with Catalina and i can't update the OS to Big Sur, with Safari Technology Preview 125 everytime i start the Application i received a Message with 'This version of macOS no longer receives updates to Safari Technology Preview. Anybody knows how i could disable that popup?, maybe with Terminal?. Thank you."

-------

Some Thoughts:

A. Contact the Developer:

Ask the developer if they have some input on this. It seems to get this to go away, you need to upgrade to Big Sur.

B. About WebKit:

Note that there are lots of reports of annoyances of WebKit on these forums. So, consider not using it, as it just gets in the way. This is a pure example of how and why.

C. Why Can't you Not Upgrade?

Why can you not upgrade to Big Sur? Are you not permitted for some reason? Or is is just not working? Important: If you were to upgrade to Big Sur, then make a backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the upgrade.

May 30, 2021 7:58 AM in response to c.gutierrez

c.gutierrez wrote:

Hi, i have a Mac Pro 5.1 with Catalina and i can't update the OS to Big Sur, with Safari Technology Preview 125 everytime i start the Application i received a Message with 'This version of macOS no longer receives updates to Safari Technology Preview.

Anybody knows how i could disable that popup?, maybe with Terminal?. Thank you.
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/e2017722-b4ac-4a1e-93f6-318892807151

Uninstall the Safari technical preview.app

Apple's aim with ‌Safari Technology Preview‌ is to gather feedback from developers and users on its browser development process. ‌Safari Technology Preview‌ can run side-by-side with the existing Safari browser and while designed for developers, it does not require a developer account to download.

https://developer.apple.com/safari/download/

https://developer.apple.com/safari/technology-preview/release-notes/

See the following resource: How to delete apps on your Mac

The following to contact Developer Support: Developer Support

Jul 1, 2021 7:18 AM in response to warlord krith

warlord krith Said:

"Not all Apple PC'c can be upgraded to Big Sur, my 2013 Imac cannot. where other (cheaper) models in the same timeframe can, shame on you Apple. Now we are in a Catch 22 situation, cannot upgrade, but wish to use the Safari Preview. It can be overcome by pressing cancel every so often, but really there is no need for the constant nagging."

-------

Leave Apple Feedback

These are user-to-user forums. You're not talking to Apple here. So, no one here should feel ashamed of this. So, give Apple direct feedback on this. They won't get back to you directly on this, but the more feedback you and others provide provide, the more they will know that is going on, and what to consider in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - macOS - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Select: "Software/Firmware Update" for the "Feedback Area"
  4. Comment: on why his does not meet your satisfaction
  5. Proceed from there as necessary

How to Disable Pop up: 'This version of macOS no longer receives updates to Safari Technology Preview 125'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.