Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

took newest update for apple and now my iPad doesn't't finish update and want restart

Took latest update for my iPad and now it is frozen when update is finished and I can't get to Home Screen. Any help would be appreciated

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 30, 2021 1:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2021 3:02 AM

You are welcome.

If you don't have a recent backup, the update procedure (via MBP) is highly recommended, because the restore procedure will restore your iPad to factory settings (and obviously No backup = No recovery).

Best of luck

Giulio

7 replies

May 30, 2021 1:59 AM in response to DAI67

Try a "forced" restart of your iPad, using these instructions:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top (power) button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top (power) button. Only when the Apple logo appears (it might take 20-40 seconds), release that button (ignore all other screens that might appear).

If the issue persists, contact Apple Support, using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

May 30, 2021 4:07 AM in response to ProustGiulio

Hi Just wanted to say that the update repair didn't work so I tried the restore iPad and it worked. It did give me a few choices to download my data after it reset it to Factory sets but I didn't use them as I didn't have anything important there. It did also update it to the newest software also. Thanks again for replying and your help

Best Regards from Iceland

took newest update for apple and now my iPad doesn't't finish update and want restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.