Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I validate my MacOS 11.4 Big Sur is actually secure ?

How can I validate my MacOS 11.4 Big Sur is actually secure ? Is there a diagnostic test or operational test that will allow me to check that my system is compliant ?

This relates to MacOS 11.4 Big Sur on a MacMini Intel late 2014

Mac mini, macOS 11.4

Posted on May 30, 2021 4:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2021 7:49 AM

No operating system is 100% secure. Even after a new version of macOS is released, there are still security updates that fix potential threats to your security. This is why you should update macOS regularly.

MacOS automatically protects itself from threats by restricting access to certain system folders (System Integrity Protection). It also has other security measures in place

If you want to check for malware, there is a free tool called Malwarebytes that can be used to remove malware, adware, and potentially unwanted programs.

See: macOS - Security - Apple (CA)

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2021 7:49 AM in response to muroc

No operating system is 100% secure. Even after a new version of macOS is released, there are still security updates that fix potential threats to your security. This is why you should update macOS regularly.

MacOS automatically protects itself from threats by restricting access to certain system folders (System Integrity Protection). It also has other security measures in place

If you want to check for malware, there is a free tool called Malwarebytes that can be used to remove malware, adware, and potentially unwanted programs.

See: macOS - Security - Apple (CA)

May 30, 2021 12:15 PM in response to muroc

You don’t need to use the licensed version of malwarebytes as long as you’re careful about where you download software from.

It’s okay to grant an app full disk access, but you should only do it if you trust the app. So, you can give Malwarebytes full disk access because it’s reputable and trustworthy. If you’re not sure, you can always hit “cancel” and then enable it later on.

How can I validate my MacOS 11.4 Big Sur is actually secure ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.