Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing G-Mail Storage folders across devices using Apple Mail

I have multiple e-mail accounts/addresses set up in my Apple Mail on my iMacPro desktop. One account is a g-mail account. Under my g-mail account, I have a number of storage folders for different topics. When I want to save an e-mail, I drag it into the appropriate storage folder. I can see all of those storage folders on my devices, but the emails I save don't always show up in those storage folders on my devices. How do I make that happen / sync? (iOS Big Sur 11.4)

iMac Pro, macOS 11.4

Posted on May 30, 2021 8:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2021 9:45 AM

Leanne,

Thank you so much; that did seem to work for moving a message from my desktop Mail Inbox to a storage folder and have it show up in the same folder on my laptop.. Now, I will have to go back into some of the storage folders on my desktop, and move messages first back into my Inbox and then move them into the proper storage folder to get them to show up on my devices.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2021 9:45 AM in response to Leanne_68

Leanne,

Thank you so much; that did seem to work for moving a message from my desktop Mail Inbox to a storage folder and have it show up in the same folder on my laptop.. Now, I will have to go back into some of the storage folders on my desktop, and move messages first back into my Inbox and then move them into the proper storage folder to get them to show up on my devices.

May 31, 2021 8:35 AM in response to butlerbank

Hello butlerbank and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

We understand you're having some difficulties with your emails syncing into the correct folders and we'd be happy to help assist. Can you tell us if you notice this same behavior when moving emails on Gmail.com rather than using the Mail app? Also to clarify, when you move emails to the correct storage folders using your other devices do they properly save or do you notice this happening across all your devices?

Rather than using the drag and drop method to move your emails, let's have you try the second option to move your emails to another folder and see if they properly save. You can see the steps for that process in the first section of the article below.

Move or copy emails in Mail on Mac

Let us know if this helps.

Syncing G-Mail Storage folders across devices using Apple Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.