Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I logged into Pennsylvania or Albany and I’m in Elmira NY

How do I stop hackers from logging into my iPhone? Changed password several times

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on May 30, 2021 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2021 10:17 AM

If this is an e-mail you received, or a popup on the screen,  about the time you were actually logging in, there is probably nothing to worry about. The location in the e-mail is where your ISP reported it. If their servers are in a location distant from you, there will be a large error. Based on other posts I have read, the distant error can be very large.

If that isn't the case, you may want to consider adding 2 Factor Authentication or 2 Step Verification to your ID to increase security.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication 

Two Factor Authentification availability

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verification App Specific Passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2021 10:17 AM in response to BrendaKellz

If this is an e-mail you received, or a popup on the screen,  about the time you were actually logging in, there is probably nothing to worry about. The location in the e-mail is where your ISP reported it. If their servers are in a location distant from you, there will be a large error. Based on other posts I have read, the distant error can be very large.

If that isn't the case, you may want to consider adding 2 Factor Authentication or 2 Step Verification to your ID to increase security.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication 

Two Factor Authentification availability

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verification App Specific Passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ

Why am I logged into Pennsylvania or Albany and I’m in Elmira NY

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.