Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My mom and I are on family sharing but the music won’t share. She bought music, and my Apple Music app will not acknowledge the fact that our media and purchases are shared. What should we try next?

My mom and I are on family sharing but the music won’t share. She bought music, and my Apple Music app will not acknowledge the fact that our media and purchases are shared. What should we try next?

Posted on May 30, 2021 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 10:34 PM

Hi again,

Sorry you had no success there ... you would have seen that only one Apple ID would need to be used for access.

Wondering if you Mum has an individual subscription to Apple Music,

or a student subscription, or a family subscription to Apple Music.

Noticing Apple Support has this article ....(says only a family subscription to Apple Music can be shared.)

What types of content can I share with my family?

Hope this helps :)

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT203046

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2021 10:34 PM in response to LeadoffMite6437

Hi again,

Sorry you had no success there ... you would have seen that only one Apple ID would need to be used for access.

Wondering if you Mum has an individual subscription to Apple Music,

or a student subscription, or a family subscription to Apple Music.

Noticing Apple Support has this article ....(says only a family subscription to Apple Music can be shared.)

What types of content can I share with my family?

Hope this helps :)

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT203046

May 30, 2021 6:18 PM in response to LeadoffMite6437

Hi LeadoffMite6437,

Welcome to the Apple Community, where some of us do our best to help each other :)

Apple Support have a "Related Article" link for you, just above your question on this page.

Hoping the article, that opens from the link, contains all the info. you need to sort out and fix the sharing difficulty.

Else

Please feel free to "Post" here again.

Cheers :)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.