Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to buy an iPhone for a friend for pickup at Apple Store in Medellin Colombia, but pay here in Boston. USA?

Is it possible for me to pay for and buy an iPhone for a friend in Medellin Colombia for pickup and service at her store in Colombia. I would shop at Boston, MA USA flagship location. I would not take possession only pay for it here for her to pickup and setup at Apple store in Colombia. I want to buy a gift but not do it thru Amazon or by sending cash etc., I want to work through Apple directly. Can I pay for it here in Boston. Will there be other charges at her end? Taxes, Duties , etc. Thank you all. Want to buy latest iPhone. The Purple one for her.

Posted on May 30, 2021 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2021 1:14 PM

I think there are two possible approaches here. Whatever you do, do not send your friend an iPhone from the U.S. She should acquire it in Colombia.

1. Ask the Boston Apple Store for assistance.
  2. Check here for a list of Authorized Apple retailers in Medellin. Contact one of them and arrange the purchase directly through them. https://locate.apple.com/co/es/sales/?pt=all&lat=6.2455955&lon=-75.5737035&address=Medellin
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2021 1:14 PM in response to GroundhogMike

I think there are two possible approaches here. Whatever you do, do not send your friend an iPhone from the U.S. She should acquire it in Colombia.

1. Ask the Boston Apple Store for assistance.
  2. Check here for a list of Authorized Apple retailers in Medellin. Contact one of them and arrange the purchase directly through them. https://locate.apple.com/co/es/sales/?pt=all&lat=6.2455955&lon=-75.5737035&address=Medellin

I want to buy an iPhone for a friend for pickup at Apple Store in Medellin Colombia, but pay here in Boston. USA?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.