Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backing up iPad

When trying to Backup Now I get the message "Last backup could not be completed" Lastbackup 8/20/2020 at 10:22 AM

How do I get my iPad to Backup?

Posted on May 31, 2021 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2021 7:32 AM

Hello,

I see you are having issues with backing up your iPad. I will gladly try my best to help you with your issue.

Follow these steps:

1. Check that you are connected to Wi-Fi
  2. Ensure that your device is up to date.

To check: Open settings > Tap General > Tap Software Update. If your iPad is up to date it will say that, if not make sure to update your iPad to the latest iPadOS

If those don’t work, try to backup the device on another Wi-Fi network.

And finally if nothing works, I would try contacting Apple Support! I hope I was helpful.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2021 7:32 AM in response to Need4support

Hello,

I see you are having issues with backing up your iPad. I will gladly try my best to help you with your issue.

Follow these steps:

1. Check that you are connected to Wi-Fi
  2. Ensure that your device is up to date.

To check: Open settings > Tap General > Tap Software Update. If your iPad is up to date it will say that, if not make sure to update your iPad to the latest iPadOS

If those don’t work, try to backup the device on another Wi-Fi network.

And finally if nothing works, I would try contacting Apple Support! I hope I was helpful.

Backing up iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.