Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wich version of Safari may I instal in my iMac running El Capitan?

I have an iMac 27 late 2013 OX EL CAPITAN WHAT VERSION of Safari may

I INSTALL?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 31, 2021 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2021 8:27 AM

This iMac is too old to run the current macOS version, macOS 11 Big Sur. The version of Safari that comes with 10.15 Catalina is the most recent available version of macOS for that Mac. macOS 10.14 Mojave is the next-newest.

Safari is updated as part of macOS, not typically separately. Either Safari from Catalina or from Mojave will be far newer than the Safari from El Capitan.

Click or tap on the following blue-text link > How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

Use your current Safari to get that macOS Catalina kit, or to get the 10.14 Mojave kit if you have or need any 32-bit apps. Catalina requires all apps be 64-bit, the older 32-bit support for apps was retired with that release. Mojave is the last version that allows both 32-bit and 64-bit apps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2021 8:27 AM in response to buddy1951

This iMac is too old to run the current macOS version, macOS 11 Big Sur. The version of Safari that comes with 10.15 Catalina is the most recent available version of macOS for that Mac. macOS 10.14 Mojave is the next-newest.

Safari is updated as part of macOS, not typically separately. Either Safari from Catalina or from Mojave will be far newer than the Safari from El Capitan.

Click or tap on the following blue-text link > How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

Use your current Safari to get that macOS Catalina kit, or to get the 10.14 Mojave kit if you have or need any 32-bit apps. Catalina requires all apps be 64-bit, the older 32-bit support for apps was retired with that release. Mojave is the last version that allows both 32-bit and 64-bit apps.

Wich version of Safari may I instal in my iMac running El Capitan?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.