Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore certain docs from past backups

Hi all,

Sorry if you've had this question a million times.

Is it possible to restore Notes and photos from a previous iTunes backup (that's on my PC) to my new iPhone.

• Will these just be appended to my existing notes on my new iPhone or will my existing Notes be overwritten?
  • If the above can be done can someone point me to a youtube video to see how.

Thanks so much for any assistance

Kindest regards, B-Safe

Posted on May 31, 2021 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2021 9:54 AM

Boer_In_Munich wrote:

• Hi all,

Is it possible to restore Notes and photos from a previous iTunes backup (that's on my PC) to my new iPhone.

Selectively, no. When you restore a backup, you restore all data and settings in that backup.

Will these just be appended to my existing notes on my new iPhone or will my existing Notes be overwritten?

The current contents of the device will be overwritten with the contents in the backup.

If the above can be done can someone point me to a youtube video to see how.

Kindest regards, B-Safe

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2021 9:54 AM in response to Boer_In_Munich

Boer_In_Munich wrote:

• Hi all,

Selectively, no. When you restore a backup, you restore all data and settings in that backup.

Will these just be appended to my existing notes on my new iPhone or will my existing Notes be overwritten?

The current contents of the device will be overwritten with the contents in the backup.

If the above can be done can someone point me to a youtube video to see how.

Kindest regards, B-Safe

Restore certain docs from past backups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.