You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error 2009 when trying to update my iphone xr

I got the XR 2 months ago and one day when i woke up it was stuck on restore mode and i cant get it off. ive tried everything i can think of. wont come off with itunes either it says error 2009. i dont know what it means or if i should send it in but i dont want to lose my data or anything

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on May 31, 2021 9:13 PM

1 reply

Jun 1, 2021 3:29 PM in response to tadrea

Hi tadrea,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand that your device is disabled and you're unable to restore due to iTunes error 2009. This error generally means there is an issue with your USB connection. Try using a different USBa cable, try a different port, you can can also try restoring from a different computer.

Be sure you're using a computer that is running the latest software version for the operating system and iTunes. Check out Update to the latest version of iTunes if you need to update iTunes. Note: Recovery mode times out after 15 minutes. If it's been more than 15 minutes, force restart your device while it's disconnected from your computer, enter recovery mode and then try the restore. If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch has these steps listed in order to complete the restore.

If you continue to get error 2009 after checking your USB connection, trying from a different computer, and checking for third-party security software, it would be best to reach out to Apple directly. iOS update and restore errors will guide you on this error message.

Use the link below to reach out to Apple.

Get Support

Warm regards.

error 2009 when trying to update my iphone xr

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.