You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot add BMW Digital Key to Apple Watch

Hi,

I have successfully created a digital key for my BMW car. I see the key in my wallet and have locked/unlocked the car with the key successfully. I'm not, however, able to add the key to my watch. I get an error indication the following:

"Cannot Add Car Key

There was a problem adding this car key to wallet."

Any ideas how to correct this?

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 8:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 8:14 AM

Hi, I have a series 6 watch and have this issue. The phone key works fine but the card will not add to my watch. I'm on WatchOS 7.5

6 replies

Jun 2, 2021 8:40 AM in response to Copoly

Hello Copoly,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you’re unable to add a car key to your Apple Watch. We’d like to help.

Check out Use your iPhone or Apple Watch as a car key, specifically the section under “What you need to add a car key to the Wallet app.”

Are you using an Apple Watch Series 5 or later with the latest version of watchOS. Here’s how to Update your Apple Watch.

Have a nice day.

Cannot add BMW Digital Key to Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.