Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 no problem; iPhone 12 no service. What happened?

In a limited reception area I had no problem with phone calls and text messages using my iPhone 6 plus. Upgraded to iPhone 12 and now there's no service.

I've looked at solutions offered to others with this issue and have tried the various recommendations. Any new developments on Apples's end?

iPhone 12

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 1:08 PM

hbischoff wrote:

In a limited reception area I had no problem with phone calls and text messages using my iPhone 6 plus. Upgraded to iPhone 12 and now there's no service.

I've looked at solutions offered to others with this issue and have tried the various recommendations. Any new developments on Apples's end?

Yes read here If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2021 1:08 PM in response to hbischoff

hbischoff wrote:

Yes read here If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Jun 20, 2021 10:29 AM in response to razmee209

Thank you for the link. I've gone through these steps and still no service connection that works. I'm convinced nothing has changed at the carrier's end. We do have poor reception at our home. I purchased a cell signal boosting antenna and that helped my iPhone 6+ receive cell service. I am still using the antenna, even raised it but no success with the new phone. Am I wrong to go down the path of thinking it's the new antenna in my new phone? I'm under the impression it's optimized for 5G, which we don't have. Any other signal boosting/receiving ideas?

iPhone 6 no problem; iPhone 12 no service. What happened?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.