Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur 11.4 wifi very slow

After updating to big sur 11.4 yesterday my wifi is now very very slow, as in 8Mbps will all my other devices reach the 500Mbps of my provider.

Any ideas?

Seen something about bluetooth but i do not have the com.apple.bluetooth file to delete.

thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 12:29 PM

Similar questions

13 replies

Jun 2, 2021 1:55 PM in response to jtimkey

jtimkey,

Thank you for your response. To further isolate the problem with your Wi-Fi being slow, we'd like for you to try the steps below and check to see if the issue is still there after each one: 

1. Check for wireless interference: Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference
  2. Turn Wi-Fi off/on: Manage the Wi-Fi connection on your Mac
  3. Disconnect VPN: Connect your Mac to a VPN
  4. Restart Mac: Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac
  5. Start up your Mac in safe mode
  6. Create another user account:  Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac 

Let us know if this helps.

Have a good day.

Jun 6, 2021 8:37 PM in response to jtimkey

I had this EXACT same problem, and FINALLY FOUND A FIX! After realizing that the WiFi was Full Speed in "Safe Boot", and the issue was happening to both my iMac Pro and my wife's MacBook Pro, we started uninstalling the 3rd Party Applications that we both had in common. We found that the culprit was 100 percent the "HP SMART" Printer Application! After Uninstalling this particular application, on both my iMac Pro and her MacBook Pro, we were both at Full Speed again! We then re-installed all our previous 3rd Party apps, that we previously uninstalled for the process of elimination...and the WiFi is still full speed, as long as we do NOT re-install the HP SMART App. I hope this works for everyone else, if in fact you are using the HP Smart App. Good luck!

Jun 2, 2021 10:28 AM in response to jtimkey

Hi jtimkey,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like after updating macOS the Wi-Fi connection is very slow, is that correct? If so, let’s follow the troubleshooting steps found in the Apple Support articles below:  

If your Mac runs slowly

Solve internet connection problems on Mac

Safari troubleshooting on Mac

We hope this helps.

Take care. 

Jun 30, 2021 3:38 PM in response to jtimkey

For me the Culprit was the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Application. After the update to 11.4 my MacBook Pro 2017 was super hot and noisy all the time with the fans spinning. Also my wifi connection was super slow and intermittent even though all other devices in the network were fine. In the activity Manager I noticed two Cisco processes constantly running and restarting after killing them even though I usually don’t use the Cisco vpn client. After uninstalling it my fans instantly stopped spinning and the internet speed is back to normal… maybe this helps someone.

Jul 1, 2021 1:51 AM in response to jtimkey

I have deleted the HP Smart app , and my HP printer works 100% without it (lousy app in any event ).....I use the HP Easy Scan app for scanning which does not affect my internet speed .

As a matter of interest .......With the HP Smart App installed it is only when using wi-fi that the speeds drop (over 50mbs!)

With Ethernet cable speeds are normal.

Big Sur 11.4 wifi very slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.