Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I reset a passcode for Screen Time if I forgot it? I’m up to 10 forgotten passcodes.

How do I reset a passcode for Screen Time if I forgot it? I’m up to 10 forgotten passcodes

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 7:27 PM

2 replies

Jun 2, 2021 2:34 AM in response to katheryn228

Expanding upon Demo’s guidance…

If you have forgotten the ScreenTime passcode, one of the two procedures outlined within this link should resolve the problem:

If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

If your iPad is capable of supporting iPadOS 13.x or later, you should update to the most recent version before attempting to resolve a forgotten ScreenTime passcode. The most recent iPadOS updates have introduced a new mechanism whereby a forgotten ScreenTime passcode can be reset without wiping the iPad.

To reset a forgotten ScreenTime passcode on older versions of iOS/iPadOS, the iPad must be reset “as new”, losing all locally stored data. In this situation, you’ll not be able to restore your data from an iCloud or iTunes backup - as the forgotten passcode is integral to the backup.

I hope this additional information is helpful to you in successfully resetting your forgotten passcode.

How do I reset a passcode for Screen Time if I forgot it? I’m up to 10 forgotten passcodes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.