Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hearing others on my phone now

After the latest update 14.5, my iPhone 8 worked great except for the sound from callers talking to me. I have tried all the sound\hearing\haptics\bluetooth\hearing devices\Audio/visual....and a couple that I may have missed mentioning here. I have installed 14.6 as I though maybe it would fix this issue that came with 14.5 but I still cannot hear others speaking to me on my phone, I have to put the speaker on to hear them now. Has anyone else run into this? Thank you!

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 11:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2021 11:40 AM

After going though the phone again a little closer I opened Sound &Haptics again. This time I opened Headphone Safety and tried enabling "Reduce Loud Sounds" and moving the bar to 100 decibels, as "Reduce Loud Sounds" was " off", I have it on now set to 100. The volume from callers on my phone is back to normal now. Very strange, but this did happen right after installing 14.5. thank you

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2021 11:40 AM in response to Elgin317

After going though the phone again a little closer I opened Sound &Haptics again. This time I opened Headphone Safety and tried enabling "Reduce Loud Sounds" and moving the bar to 100 decibels, as "Reduce Loud Sounds" was " off", I have it on now set to 100. The volume from callers on my phone is back to normal now. Very strange, but this did happen right after installing 14.5. thank you

Hearing others on my phone now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.