Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iPad is not backing up. What does Lock mean?

My new iPad is not backing up. Instructions say to be sure it’s locked. Don’t know how to do that

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 5:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 5:38 PM

Automatic iCloud backups will take place when your iPad is plugged into a wall socket to charge, it is connected to WiFi and when the screen is locked. The screen is locked when you press the power/sleep button on the top right corner of the iPad. Most people set a time for their iPads to go sleep on their own after a short period of time in Settings>Display and Brightness>Auto Lock. When your iPad is asleep, it is locked.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2021 5:38 PM in response to Pattiow

Automatic iCloud backups will take place when your iPad is plugged into a wall socket to charge, it is connected to WiFi and when the screen is locked. The screen is locked when you press the power/sleep button on the top right corner of the iPad. Most people set a time for their iPads to go sleep on their own after a short period of time in Settings>Display and Brightness>Auto Lock. When your iPad is asleep, it is locked.

My new iPad is not backing up. What does Lock mean?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.