Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i order parts directly from apple for my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)?

I replaced both CPU fans with aftermarket parts that are sub quality than the original.

Can i order parts directly from apple for my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)? how do i go about this?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 6:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 7:09 PM

No! You have to take your Mac in and allow Apple to do it for you.

Apple will take your device and return it to you working, fixed with new original parts

Have in mind that once you've opened the machine and made some repair yourself, Apple can refuse to repair it even if you pay for it.

Edit: adding information on service for products out of warranty. Take a look about Classic and Obsolete products.

Obtaining service for your Apple product after an expired warranty - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2021 7:09 PM in response to ConsciousAdventureTours

No! You have to take your Mac in and allow Apple to do it for you.

Apple will take your device and return it to you working, fixed with new original parts

Have in mind that once you've opened the machine and made some repair yourself, Apple can refuse to repair it even if you pay for it.

Edit: adding information on service for products out of warranty. Take a look about Classic and Obsolete products.

Obtaining service for your Apple product after an expired warranty - Apple Support

can i order parts directly from apple for my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.