Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the latest version of safari?

My OS is up to date (Big Sur 11.4), yet a website is saying that I need the latest version of Safari…

iMac 27″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 3, 2021 1:26 AM

4 replies

Jun 4, 2021 9:44 AM in response to narsi128

I honestly don't know why your build number (14611.2.7.1.6) differs from mine (16611.2.7.1.4).

Maybe it's due to the difference of the operating system (Mojave vs Big Sur).

You can try to install Safari Technology Preview alongside your current Safari to check if jetbrains.space works:

https://developer.apple.com/safari/technology-preview/

Regardless of the Safari version used, some websites prefer Chrome or Firefox.

Jun 4, 2021 9:29 AM in response to Marco Klobas

Thanks. I too have a safari version that states 14.1.1 with different build numbers (14611.2.7.1.6). There are certain prominent websites that claim I still need to update to the most recent version of safari like jetbrains.space. It is not clear if 14.1.1 is enough to satisfy the "most recent version" of safari. Apple website is more nuanced when it states that one can get the most recent version by updating to mac os big sur and then stating that some older version's "may" get updates via app store updates. Mine is the latter case on mojave and it still not clear if this is the latest version for smooth internet interoperability in this great game.

What is the latest version of safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.