Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari newest version I can use with High Sierra ?

What is the newest version of Safari that I can use with Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra ? My bank says I need to update my Safari

MacBook Pro 17″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 11:07 AM

It is important to know that Safari is installed as part of the Mac's operating system and cannot normally be individually installed. When you upgrade your OS, you get the current version of Safari that works with it. Sometimes, even upgrading Safari fails to open some web sites. The solution then is to use another browser such as Firefox or chrome. They can be individually upgraded as needed.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2021 11:07 AM in response to irishthoro

It is important to know that Safari is installed as part of the Mac's operating system and cannot normally be individually installed. When you upgrade your OS, you get the current version of Safari that works with it. Sometimes, even upgrading Safari fails to open some web sites. The solution then is to use another browser such as Firefox or chrome. They can be individually upgraded as needed.

Safari newest version I can use with High Sierra ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.