Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email rules on iOS incorrectly applied

Why is that when I want to keep an email like an order confirmation, it always goes into my bin even though I haven't selected for it to go there? its really starting to annoy me. And another thing, I had some folders full of important emails and all those folders have been deleted too.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 3, 2021 3:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2021 10:10 AM

Hello,

Hmm, storing critical information in saved emails is hit-or-miss and is not recommended. Every email provider has different policies regards saving time-frames. To help mitigate the problem, turn on iCloud email saving. Go to Settings > [your name Apple ID] > iCloud > Mail and make sure that it is on.

Also see:

If you can’t send or receive emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2021 10:10 AM in response to Mollz123

Hello,

Hmm, storing critical information in saved emails is hit-or-miss and is not recommended. Every email provider has different policies regards saving time-frames. To help mitigate the problem, turn on iCloud email saving. Go to Settings > [your name Apple ID] > iCloud > Mail and make sure that it is on.

Also see:

If you can’t send or receive emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Good luck.

Email rules on iOS incorrectly applied

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.