Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to sync music from iphone to mac

i know how to sync music from mac to iphone, can i do it the other way round? i want to sync music in my iphone to mac. i updated the software during mac repair and all my songs are lost. I have spent hours adding photos of the album and adjusting the length and volume of the songs. now they are all gone. all music are in my iphone. i want to sync the music in my iphone to mac. please help me. i am on the verge of crying.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 3, 2021 6:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2021 6:37 AM

You cannot sync device to computer using any method Apple provides. The idea seems to be if this is Apple Music downloads for offline listening those can only be downloaded directly to a device or computer from Apple. If it is music that originated from a source you have such as CDs then it is in your music library on your computer to start with and should still be there, or on a backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2021 6:37 AM in response to whyisnt

You cannot sync device to computer using any method Apple provides. The idea seems to be if this is Apple Music downloads for offline listening those can only be downloaded directly to a device or computer from Apple. If it is music that originated from a source you have such as CDs then it is in your music library on your computer to start with and should still be there, or on a backup.

how to sync music from iphone to mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.