Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display scrambles then Macbook Air shuts down.

Several times now my Macbook Air 2012 goes nuts as shown below then shuts down. Restart then it works fine. I'm wondering if it's something I can fix myself.

Posted on Jun 3, 2021 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2021 8:24 PM

That does not look good. You are experiencing a logic board failure. As time elapses, you will find that the MacBook Air will display this behavior sooner and sooner, as you use it, and therefore will experience more frequent crashes. You can have your MacBook Air examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and confirmation.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2021 8:24 PM in response to mobitinker

That does not look good. You are experiencing a logic board failure. As time elapses, you will find that the MacBook Air will display this behavior sooner and sooner, as you use it, and therefore will experience more frequent crashes. You can have your MacBook Air examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and confirmation.

Axel F.

Display scrambles then Macbook Air shuts down.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.