Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad autocorrect and capitalization NOT working!

I don’t exactly know when it happened, but I noticed that the autocorrect and capitalization has stopped working on my iPad 11 2020 with the magic keyboard (the one that clicks on, made for the ipad).

In Settings>General>Keyboard, those settings are on for “all keyboards” and “hardware keyboard”. I’ve reset the dictionary also, but nothing is working.

Any help?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jun 3, 2021 11:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 10:16 AM

So I chatted with Apple Support and they suggested I do a “reset all settings.” I was hesitant, but it was a better option than restoring the iPad. That fixed it.

Thank you all for the help here. I really appreciate all your tips!

6 replies

Jun 4, 2021 11:17 AM in response to junryo

Hi junryo,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. We understand that the autocorrect and capitalization has stopped working on your iPad and we’d be happy to help! Let’s make sure that the software on your iPad has been updated to the latest supported version iPadOS 14.6. Updating the software can help us rule out potential software problems. If your iPad has not yet been updated to iPadOS 14.6 back up your iPad first before updating it. 

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Have you tried toggling settings from off to on again?

Does the issue happen without the Magic Keyboard connected?

Keep us updated.

Take care. 

iPad autocorrect and capitalization NOT working!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.