Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scratch Like Mark On My MacBook Pro Touch Bar

So I've noticed this scratch-like mark on my Macbook Pro TouchBar, It is noticeable by pointing a light at it. I just got this MacBook back from the Apple repair center and I'm wondering if they scratched it. here's an image.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 3, 2021 6:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2021 8:56 PM

This mark (if indeed under the surface of the Touchbar) is the delamination of the touchbar's LCD from the inner surface of the touchbar screen. I have a Garmin GPS automotive satnav that is delaminating in the same way. To get displays thinner, a lamination process is used to fuse the LCD to the inside of the top glass of the display. If the MacBook is still under warranty take it back in for repair before it gets worse. Once it starts delaminating, the process is most times a runaway process where it will continue to get worse as time goes by.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2021 8:56 PM in response to Biz_Wick

This mark (if indeed under the surface of the Touchbar) is the delamination of the touchbar's LCD from the inner surface of the touchbar screen. I have a Garmin GPS automotive satnav that is delaminating in the same way. To get displays thinner, a lamination process is used to fuse the LCD to the inside of the top glass of the display. If the MacBook is still under warranty take it back in for repair before it gets worse. Once it starts delaminating, the process is most times a runaway process where it will continue to get worse as time goes by.

Scratch Like Mark On My MacBook Pro Touch Bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.