Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will my new iPhone start working when I turn off my old one?

Will my new iPhone 12 Pro start working after I turn off my old one ?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 8:57 AM

No. You need to transfer both the content and the network information to the new phone. See this support link→Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You can transfer the network either by moving the SIM card from the old phone to the new, or activating the eSIM in your new phone on your carrier’s network. Contact the carrier to take the eSIM approach.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2021 8:57 AM in response to Larkinann

No. You need to transfer both the content and the network information to the new phone. See this support link→Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You can transfer the network either by moving the SIM card from the old phone to the new, or activating the eSIM in your new phone on your carrier’s network. Contact the carrier to take the eSIM approach.

Will my new iPhone start working when I turn off my old one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.