You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts on iOS not showing on iCloud.com

Why aren't my contacts syncing when I have Contacts enabled on my phone in iCloud settings? There are tons of contacts that only appear on my phone, not in the cloud.

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 9:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 12:59 PM

Try Settings/Your Name/iCloud and slide off Contacts syncing. Wait a few minutes and then slide syncing on. Allow time for syncing to occur.

Last resort - have you tried signing out of iCloud, restarting the device, and then signing back in?

See the Apple Support article below. 

Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders - Get help using iCloud.  

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 5, 2021 12:59 PM in response to lgoler

Try Settings/Your Name/iCloud and slide off Contacts syncing. Wait a few minutes and then slide syncing on. Allow time for syncing to occur.

Last resort - have you tried signing out of iCloud, restarting the device, and then signing back in?

See the Apple Support article below. 

Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders - Get help using iCloud.  

Jun 5, 2021 9:12 AM in response to lgoler

Hey there, lgoler!

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities.

Syncing your contacts between all of your devices is such a great feature that iCloud offers. We're happy to see if we can figure it out with you.

To start, one of the more common reasons we see for this issue is the contacts being stored in another account besides iCloud. Sometimes it can be easy to not realize that the contacts are associated with a different account. The contacts stored in a Gmail account, for example, won't necessarily sync via iCloud to your other devices. The good news is that it should be super easy to check which account those contacts are syncing with.

This article is a great resource: Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope that this information is helpful.

​Have a great day!

Contacts on iOS not showing on iCloud.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.