Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My watch does not recognize shortcuts, but my iPhone does

I have Apple Watch 5 and iPhone 12, both have iOS up to date. Siri recognizes and executes commands on my iPhone, but the same commands on the watch result in Siri announcing "I do not recognize that command. What shortcut do you want to run?" When I open Shortcuts on my watch, it reads "No Shortcuts". Everything looks good on Shortcut app on my phone, where it shows the appropriate shortcuts on the Apple Watch screen. Also everything looks correct to me on the iPhone's Apple Watch app.

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 7

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 10:30 AM

Understood.

Did you check to make sure "Shortcuts" are enabled in Settings > Your Name > iCloud?

Does the Apple Watch connect to the Internet as expected? Also, please make sure you have adequate iCloud storage available.

Lastly, we would also recommend deleting and readding the shortcut. If you continue to run into complications, you can reach out to Apple Support directly to help investigate.

Get Support

Warm regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2021 10:30 AM in response to tom in mpls

Understood.

Did you check to make sure "Shortcuts" are enabled in Settings > Your Name > iCloud?

Does the Apple Watch connect to the Internet as expected? Also, please make sure you have adequate iCloud storage available.

Lastly, we would also recommend deleting and readding the shortcut. If you continue to run into complications, you can reach out to Apple Support directly to help investigate.

Get Support

Warm regards.

Jun 5, 2021 9:57 AM in response to tom in mpls

Hey there tom in mpls,

Based on your post it sounds like you;re having trouble using shortcuts on your Apple Watch as expected.

Have you tried restarting both the Apple Watch and iPhone one after the other to see if that helps?

If so, have you checked to make sure you're running the most recent version of watchOS? Update your Apple Watch

You can also try deleting the shortcuts and adding them back to test as well. Keep us updated on the results.

Use shortcuts on Apple Watch

Delete shortcuts

Cheers!

My watch does not recognize shortcuts, but my iPhone does

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.