Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS & iOS 14.6

Hi. I have some problems with my keyboard after update iOS 14.6. iPhone XS.

When I updated my phone, my keyboard started to lag .. not always, when i use it for a long time

Help please ..

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 12:22 PM

3 replies

Jun 22, 2021 5:17 PM in response to alexChertok

Yes, 14.6 just forced update on my XS. Keyboard is lagging and the battery is draining quickly. This is the 3rd iPhone I’ve had that has been ruined because of forced updates. First, my iPhone 6 wouldn’t take an update and it turned out to be a hardware issue, but I was forced to upgrade to 7. Then after 3 years when I was almost finished paying for it, there wasn’t enough storage to take the iOS update, they replaced it with another 7, but, that 7 wouldn’t take the update either. That’s when I had to upgrade to the XS and lost 3 yrs of messages, photos, etc. because I couldn’t get the old 7 to turn on long enough to transfer to the XS.

Apple tech support needs to provide a small, skeleton support iOS “SiOS” that can be installed when updates fail in order to get our apps, documents, files, etc. moved and backed up until we can revert to the last update that worked. Similar to booting a computer in ‘safe mode’. Instead of using these erroneous updates to force us to upgrade to a more expensive phone.

They say the updates include security updates. Security updates should be separate from function updates and we should be given the option to accept or reject functions we don’t want or cause the phones to fail. Please respond as to when an “SiOS” will be available.

iPhone XS & iOS 14.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.