Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons"

Unable to unlock my Apple ID because it gives me only 2 options, by security questions which are not set or by email but it is icloud email which is not accessible while Apple ID is locked.

All the contact phone numbers i found are not working and can not contact Apple support

I have created a new Apple ID but the problem is turning off FIND MY IPHONE requires Apple ID (which is locked) password.

Anyone has the same issue and any way to fix this issue?

iPhone XS

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 1:31 PM

10 replies

Jun 5, 2021 1:19 PM in response to dilianm

See if the Apple ID support numbers work. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support          Work through the screens to get a chat option. You may have to pick a slightly different problem.

Apple Support schedule phone call

If necessary, try Twitter

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.          

From the Apple Support article below. 

Without proof of your identity via security questions and other carefully selected criteria, Apple Support can't help you reset a password or perform any other actions on your account. These policies are audited and reviewed on a regular basis.

Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support.      

Jun 4, 2021 2:03 PM in response to Ijustwanttolookattheforums

Thank you for the replay.

I tried that. Not possible to reset the password because i can not open icloud email linked to my Apple ID.

Security questions are not set so i can not use them for unlocking.

From that link to contact apple support it says:

"Call Apple Support

00800 6002 7753

10:00 to 21:45 (Monday through Sunday)

Give us a call when you’re ready and we’ll get you the help you need."

The phone number is not working.

Jun 5, 2021 11:39 PM in response to Eric Root

Thank you very much I will try the links.

I can sign out of Apple ID without a password, but the problem is I can not do this because it asks first to turn off FIND MY IPHONE with Apple ID password. I do not want to use that Apple ID linked to apple icloud email because it is useless in situation like this.

Resetting the Apple ID is not possible because apple is sending me a link to unlock Apple ID on apple icloud email which i used to create an Apple ID. I do not understand why Apple did this, icloud email not accessible when Apple ID is locked. How they can imagine i can log into icloud email while they have restricted access to it. This is ridiculous

Jun 8, 2021 12:40 AM in response to Eric Root

Thank you Eric that was the only way to contact Apple support.

For my case with no security questions set, no two factor authentication and Apple ID created with linked Apple icloud email the only solution is to request Activation Lock removal, but the device will be erased completely. I have to decide to request that now or later.

Thank you very much for your help.

"This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.