Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use my iPhone 11 and swim?

If I were to go in the pool with my iPhone and it was to be submerged in the water but not for longer than a minute and a max of 3 feet would it be fine?(I have a case on it too if that matters)

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 1:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 2:24 PM

No

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

To prevent liquid damage, avoid these:

• Swimming or bathing with your iPhone
  • Exposing your iPhone to pressurized water or high velocity water, such as when showering, water skiing, wake boarding, surfing, jet skiing, and so on
  • Using your iPhone in a sauna or steam room
  • Intentionally submerging your iPhone in water
  • Operating your iPhone outside the suggested temperature ranges or in extremely humid conditions
  • Dropping your iPhone or subjecting it to other impacts
  • Disassembling your iPhone, including removing screws

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2021 2:24 PM in response to MichaelG223

No

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

To prevent liquid damage, avoid these:

• Swimming or bathing with your iPhone
  • Exposing your iPhone to pressurized water or high velocity water, such as when showering, water skiing, wake boarding, surfing, jet skiing, and so on
  • Using your iPhone in a sauna or steam room
  • Intentionally submerging your iPhone in water
  • Operating your iPhone outside the suggested temperature ranges or in extremely humid conditions
  • Dropping your iPhone or subjecting it to other impacts
  • Disassembling your iPhone, including removing screws

Jun 4, 2021 1:58 PM in response to MichaelG223

Maybe, but most likely not. No iPhone is designed to be used as an underwater camera. They have some water resistance but are not water proof. Deliberately exposing an iPhone to water is simply asking for disaster. And if it is damaged, your warranty is immediately voided.

See -> About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

Can I use my iPhone 11 and swim?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.