Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I get notifications on my Apple Watch and iPhone at the same time?

I want both my watch and my phone to make a noise whenever I receive a message while still using wrist detection. Is this possible?

Since getting my watch, I miss notifications constantly. My watch is quiet or it's often not on my wrist, but yet still close by. Then I pick up my phone and there's a whole list of messages from hours ago that I missed. This is very disruptive.

If I understand correctly, when my iPhone is locked and in bluetooth range of my watch, then notifications will only go to my watch. But if my phone is unlocked, then notifications will only go to my phone? Is this true? Please, tell me it's not true. Please tell me that the user-friendly, Apple ecosystem will allow me to personalize the way I want to receive notifications across all my devices.

Is there any way I can adjust this? I've read the posts that tell me to turn wrist detection off, but I don't want to do that. I also have been told to turn my watch notifications off, but I don't want to do that.

I want to be able to use all the features of my watch and wear it all the time and have it connected to my phone and have my phone make a noise or vibrate every time I get a message (unless the phone's on do not disturb or airplane mode of course)

Apple Watch

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 2:52 PM

Notifications go to either your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both.  If your iPhone is unlocked, you'll get notifications on your iPhone instead of your Apple Watch. If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you'll get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked with your passcode. For more info, see:

Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2021 2:52 PM in response to yamaseta

Notifications go to either your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both.  If your iPhone is unlocked, you'll get notifications on your iPhone instead of your Apple Watch. If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you'll get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked with your passcode. For more info, see:

Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Can I get notifications on my Apple Watch and iPhone at the same time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.