Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Severe Battery Drain Problem (iPhone 11 pro)

I have been struggling with a severe battery drain on my iPhone 11 pro. It started September 2020, when iOS14 was delivered.

100% → 0% in 7 hours, with no app installed, airplane mode, no background app refresh, no location service. It's clean iPhone. It is always hot. It has been same even if I updated the latest version iOS 14.6. It also looks sending massive amount of traffic out to somewhere. My Xfinity connection reaches the limit every month.

It haven't happened before iOS14. And also it haven't happened other iPhone in my home. I guess it is caused by the combination of some chip and iOS14's new feature. But there is no way to downgrade to iOS13. I visited Apple Store three times, and diagnostics showed all green. No hardware failure found.

Apple says it's unusual, but it is same as other hardware failure. So I have to buy new one or replace with $549 cost.

I hope it would be fixed in the future version, but I've been waiting for 8 month already. It is tough.

Anyone facing a same problem?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 4:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 4:26 PM

Batteries are meant to degrade over time, which means after a while they won't hold the same battery capacity of which they used to.

Try going into Settings > Battery > Battery Health > What % are you on? Anything below 80% is a cause of concern. Apple recommend it should take around two years of usage to reach that level

You might also find this helpful as it provides you with useful information on maximising your battery.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2021 4:26 PM in response to hiroyasutake

Batteries are meant to degrade over time, which means after a while they won't hold the same battery capacity of which they used to.

Try going into Settings > Battery > Battery Health > What % are you on? Anything below 80% is a cause of concern. Apple recommend it should take around two years of usage to reach that level

You might also find this helpful as it provides you with useful information on maximising your battery.

Jun 8, 2021 9:18 AM in response to Ijustwanttolookattheforums

Thank you for your comment. Actually it's 100% because I replaced the battery a few days ago. It used to be 89% before I replaced it. The severe battery drain problem stays same even after the new battery installed. I decided to replace it because Apple recommended it.

It might be a hardware failure in logic board or something... but I have no idea and no way to figure it out. I'm considering to get new one.

It is funny because Apple genius bar guy told me that I can use trade-in with full value. They recognize my iPhone 11 pro has a problem, but their diagnostic tool can't find any failures. So it looks working well. It's inconsistent.

Severe Battery Drain Problem (iPhone 11 pro)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.