Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14.7.1 battery drain

I am experiencing a excessive battery drain on my iPhone 12 Mini after upgrading to iOS 14.7.1.

After charging my phone to 100%, the battery drops to 18% in less than 12 hours without any usage at all. Now I have to turn off GPS, wifi, bluetooth, apps running in the background manually in the settings to make my phone last the minimum of ~6-8 hours. Its no longer a reliable phone for me.

Prior to the update I could easily leave my iPhone 12 Mini untouched and unplugged for 2-3 days without any issues.

When the support here in Sweden did a hardware scan they found no issues. All apps are updated.

Please fix this issue.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 3:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 12:37 AM

SOLVED: The FaceID sensor was causing the phone to have massive battery drain.

Turned FaceID off and my phone battery was back to normal.

Apple changed my phone to a new one and now it seems to be working as normal with no more than 5% battery drain during standby (8+ hours).

6 replies

Sep 8, 2021 2:52 PM in response to motorola-user

I did reset my phone, updated it and read back my backup. Still no signs of better performance, sadly.

Look at this image from my iPhone 12 Mini. Absolutely no usage and it dropped 50% in 6 hours.

My Samsung S9, to this day, only needs a charge to 100% every 2-3 days on normal usage.

I think I will return my iPhone. Sadly this is also my first apple device since the iPod touch with the exact same problem back in like 2009.

iOS 14.7.1 battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.