Related Article: What to do if you get an alert that an AirTag, Find My network accessory, or set of AirPods is with you

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will my Airtag start making sounds if its on my bike and I'm not around?

It wouldn't be good if it's drawing attention to itself when I'm not there.

iPhone XR

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 5:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 6:03 AM

This can happen even if I’m around. The air tag can choose a family members iOS device to report its location. I have one on a animal, and it plays the sound every couple of days. When I open the app, the air tag says 0 miles instead of “with you”. This implies it’s reporting it’s location through a different users device.

Apple added this chiming feature but not the ability for family groups to see each other’s air tags?

maybe if airTags supported family sharing, airTags wouldn’t be randomly chiming as much.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2021 6:03 AM in response to ZombieBacon

This can happen even if I’m around. The air tag can choose a family members iOS device to report its location. I have one on a animal, and it plays the sound every couple of days. When I open the app, the air tag says 0 miles instead of “with you”. This implies it’s reporting it’s location through a different users device.

Apple added this chiming feature but not the ability for family groups to see each other’s air tags?

maybe if airTags supported family sharing, airTags wouldn’t be randomly chiming as much.

Will my Airtag start making sounds if its on my bike and I'm not around?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.