Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to recover unsaved screen recording

My screen recording failed to save due to low power mode is on. I can’t remember whether is error 5823/5831.

Storage is enough for this 7 minutes long screen recording. This is really important for me, is there any way to recover this screen recording?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 5:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 12:15 PM

Hi Justinng0921w,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that when you attempt to do a screen recording while your iPhone is in Low Power mode, the recording will not save to your Photos app, is that correct? Does it save if Low Power mode is off?

If the screen recording didn't not save, unfortunately it is not possible to recover it.

Low Power mode should not affect your screen recordings from saving. To troubleshoot this, you can restart your iPhone and confirm that it is running the latest version of iOS 14 (14.6).

Restart your iPhone

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Hope that helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2021 12:15 PM in response to Justinng0921w

Hi Justinng0921w,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that when you attempt to do a screen recording while your iPhone is in Low Power mode, the recording will not save to your Photos app, is that correct? Does it save if Low Power mode is off?

If the screen recording didn't not save, unfortunately it is not possible to recover it.

Low Power mode should not affect your screen recordings from saving. To troubleshoot this, you can restart your iPhone and confirm that it is running the latest version of iOS 14 (14.6).

Restart your iPhone

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Hope that helps!

How to recover unsaved screen recording

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.