Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get iPhone Apple Fitness+ workouts to play on my iPad?

How do I get the workouts that play on my iPhone to play on my iPad?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 6:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 10:44 AM

Once you get your iPad storage issues all squared away,

Watches currently can only be fully Bluetooth sync’d to iPhones ONLY.

You DO NOT need the iPhone Watch app to use an Watch with the Fitness+ app on an iPad.

Your iPad needs more that just the app.

Here are the requirements needed to use the Fitness+ app and Watch with a iPadOS compatible iPad.

Your iPad needs to be updated to the latest iPadOS 14.6.

You need a compatible Watch ( series 3 or later ) updated to its latest watchOS version.

No options

The Fitness+ app will ask to automatically link the Watch to your iPad/ Fitness+ app, after the download of the Fitness+ app from the iOS App Store.

See the iPad/iPhone instructions here below.

How to start a workout.

Tap the link below.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211923

Also, make sure all connected Apple devices are using the same Apple ID/password account information.

In addition, there is no TV mirroring of the  Fitness+ app, using iPad, currently.

Currently there is no direct AirPlay/screen mirroring from an iPad to any other compatible smart TV or smart device using AirPlay2.

Apple, currently has ONLY made the mirroring/AirPlay 2 feature available to owners/users of an actual Apple TV box.

Best of Luck to You!

With all that I have stated, I would Contact Apple support, via the contact support link located at the upper right hand corner of every Webpage of these Apple support communities OR by installing and using the Apple Support app found in the iOS App Store.

Tap the iOS App Store link below.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-support/id1130498044

See if Apple support tells you if you need the Watch, now, or not, using Apple Fitness+ with an iPad.

I keep getting conflicting information about this.

And as far as I am aware, you still cannot AirPlay the Apple Fitness+ app or the videos from an iPad, either, but my info may also, be in error.

Best of Luck to You!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2021 10:44 AM in response to Skypilot45

Once you get your iPad storage issues all squared away,

Watches currently can only be fully Bluetooth sync’d to iPhones ONLY.

You DO NOT need the iPhone Watch app to use an Watch with the Fitness+ app on an iPad.

Your iPad needs more that just the app.

Here are the requirements needed to use the Fitness+ app and Watch with a iPadOS compatible iPad.

Your iPad needs to be updated to the latest iPadOS 14.6.

You need a compatible Watch ( series 3 or later ) updated to its latest watchOS version.

No options

The Fitness+ app will ask to automatically link the Watch to your iPad/ Fitness+ app, after the download of the Fitness+ app from the iOS App Store.

See the iPad/iPhone instructions here below.

How to start a workout.

Tap the link below.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211923

Also, make sure all connected Apple devices are using the same Apple ID/password account information.

In addition, there is no TV mirroring of the  Fitness+ app, using iPad, currently.

Currently there is no direct AirPlay/screen mirroring from an iPad to any other compatible smart TV or smart device using AirPlay2.

Apple, currently has ONLY made the mirroring/AirPlay 2 feature available to owners/users of an actual Apple TV box.

Best of Luck to You!

With all that I have stated, I would Contact Apple support, via the contact support link located at the upper right hand corner of every Webpage of these Apple support communities OR by installing and using the Apple Support app found in the iOS App Store.

Tap the iOS App Store link below.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-support/id1130498044

See if Apple support tells you if you need the Watch, now, or not, using Apple Fitness+ with an iPad.

I keep getting conflicting information about this.

And as far as I am aware, you still cannot AirPlay the Apple Fitness+ app or the videos from an iPad, either, but my info may also, be in error.

Best of Luck to You!

Jun 4, 2021 8:21 PM in response to Skypilot45

It depends.

What year and model iPad do you have/own?

The “A” model number can be found on the aluminium back of your iPad, in small print, right under the larger bold print “iPad”.

What iOS/iPadOS version is this iPad, currently, running?

What is the rated, internal data storage space/capacity of your iPad model and how much of this free, internal data storage capacity is left inside of your iPad model?

All of that additional info can be found in the Settings app, General settings panel, About.

Please attempt to answer all questions asked.

Thank You.

Jun 5, 2021 10:43 AM in response to Skypilot45

You own a 2017, base model iPad 5th generation.

Part of your problem maybe your iPad is close, if NOT at being completely full of data.

You cannot completely fill up ANY computer or computing device full of data. EVER!

A 32 GBs storage iPad starts out with approx 30 GBs.,after initial internal flash drive formatting.

Minus approx. 6.5 GBs for iOS/iPadOS leaves between 23-24 GBs.

Minus 2-4 GBs, for iOS/iPadOS system operational reserve, that MUST BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES, to ensure/insure normal, expected operation of iOS/iPad OS, leaves approx. between 20-21GBs of actual, usable data storage space.

32 GBs data storage devices are, now, more quickly, becoming the “new” low storage 16 GBs internal data storage space devices, today.

You need to get that iPad below 20 GBs of free internal data storage space!

Before you try and attempt any thing else,

You need to free up free data storage space on an iPad.

You need to start by backing up your iPad to either Apple's iCloud ( you may need to pay for additional, monthly storage space ) or by connecting your iDevice to a computer running the latest iTunes or, if a newer Mac with a much newer macOS, use the macOS Finder to do the device backup and/or some other offsite, “cloud” data storage/backup services, like Google Drive/Photos, BOX, DropBox, Amazon Cloud Drive, Flickr ( for photos/images ), etc.

Then, delete any installed apps that you no longer use or use infrequently enough that they aren't missed (you can always reinstalled any purchased or free apps at some time later, as you need them).

In addition, uninstall any games that appear to be using a sizable chunk of your iPad's internal storage, as well!

Then, thin out/delete any music/videos/movies/TV shows/podcasts/screen recordings/photos-images/eBooks/

eMagazine/iBooks/audio books/Documents/PDFs, etc.

If you use a POP email account on your iPad, delete/thin out any old saved emails that maybe saved to your iPad.

To permanently delete photos/images off of your iDevice go into the Photos app and find the Recently Deleted folder/album and permanently delete any photos/images stored in that folder/album.

Also, you can check to see what other stuff is eating up all your valuable data storage space by going into the Settings App,,General Settings Panel, in the right hand column, tap Storage & iCloud usage panel ( in iOS 11 and later, it’s now called iPad Storage ), in the top Storage Panel, tap the Manage Storage panel, wait for a list of apps to generate that will tell you how much space each app is taking up on your iDevice.

Then, for older iPad models with a Home button, do a hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake buttons simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons.

iOS devices and iOS/iPadOS need to maintain, at the very least, a minimum of between 2-4 GBs of free data storage space, AT ALL TIMES, to insure normal/nominal functionalities/operation and general overall performance of any iOS device running iOS/iPadOS.

How do I get iPhone Apple Fitness+ workouts to play on my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.