Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I use Chrome, it shows viruses detected, what should I do

Today, I suddenly received lots of notifications from Chrome. it said that viruses detected. I opened that notification and found that it shows four things had problems and made some noises sounds, like big problems happening. At that situation, I was curious what should I do? Now, I delete the App, but I am afraid that some viruses may be installed since I opened that notification.

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 6:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 7:12 PM

xiaoyu0907 Said:

"When I use Chrome, it shows viruses detected, what should I do"

-------

Blow it Off:

There are no viruses on your Mac. So, no worries there.

Malwarebytes for Mac:

Where did you get this version of Google Chrome? If it was not from Google, then might be the reason for all these messages. Always get something from the manufacturer/developer, and nowhere else. So, run Malwarebytes for Mac, remove whatever is found from the quarantine, and then restart the Mac.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes Uninstaller
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2021 7:12 PM in response to xiaoyu0907

xiaoyu0907 Said:

"When I use Chrome, it shows viruses detected, what should I do"

-------

Blow it Off:

There are no viruses on your Mac. So, no worries there.

Malwarebytes for Mac:

Where did you get this version of Google Chrome? If it was not from Google, then might be the reason for all these messages. Always get something from the manufacturer/developer, and nowhere else. So, run Malwarebytes for Mac, remove whatever is found from the quarantine, and then restart the Mac.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes Uninstaller

When I use Chrome, it shows viruses detected, what should I do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.