Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Menu Bar goes grey after opening downloads/computer/applications folders

Hey All,

Got a weird one here. Whenever i click on the menu bar and i click Go and click on Applications/Computer/Documents or any of those options to open one of those folders, the menu bar just goes grey and never opens the actual folder. It looks like it's trying to open but never does.

The only way for it work is it open the Macintosh HD folder on the desktop, and then go to open those folders. Then it will open that folder. If i close that folder and do the same, it just goes grey like it is trying to open, and never does.

I was using the latest version of Catalina and just upgraded to Big Sur thinking it will help, but it's still doing the same and driving me nuts.

It started happening after i deleted an mp3 file as it was a duplicated and driving me nuts. Please help.

Chris T

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 4:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 7:44 AM

I managed to resolve this. The Mac mini thought it was using 2 screens if though it detected only 1 screen. As soon as I switched on mirror displays, all those windows showed up. But if a weird one.

Similar questions

3 replies

Menu Bar goes grey after opening downloads/computer/applications folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.